Do I need an account to play?
Short answer: No!
Long answer: We don’t believe in forcing people to register another account just so that they can play games with their friends. You should be able to play with anyone you’d like quickly, easily, and hassle free. That being said, there are a lot of benefits to registering for an account.
It's worth pointing out that if you’re using an anonymous account, once you close the browser your game will be lost. We have no way of following you wherever you go if you don’t tell us who you are!
Why should I register for an account?
You don’t need to register for an account, but there certainly are benefits:
- Play from different places. You can start a game from your home pc, and continue from work (don't worry, we won't tell!)
- Continue the game later on. We understand that people don't have time to sit in front of a computer for extended periods of time to play a game. By registering for an account, you can make a move, and coem back to the game later.
- Choose a username. Everyone knows you by the same name since middle school - we get it. Keep your reputation up to par by choosing a username for all your games.
- Keep a record. With an account, you get to keep a record of all yours wins and losses, and track how well you do against your friends. We keep detailed analytics down to each game that you play, against each person you play. In the future, you'll be able to go back to all your old games and relive the glory!
- Get notifications. With a registered account, you can choose to receive email or twitter notifications when it's your turn or other relevant events happen in the games you're in.
Can I play my games on my mobile device?
As of right now, we're still developing the mobile version of our web site. When it's ready, you'll be able to play from any device with a semi-modern web browser, including Android, iOS, and most other devices.
We do not support BlackBerry devices prior to BlackBerry OS 6.
What is the maximum number of rooms I can be in at once?
While we're still in our alpha stage, there is no limit. However, we will soon be imposing a 15 game limit upon our free users, with an option to upgrade to premium accounts to lift that limitation.
Can I follow you on Twitter?
Do you have a blog where we can follow what you’re doing to improve the site?
Indeed we do! The blog is available here: http://blog.breakbase.com